As part of IoTUK’s programme of activities – we are seeking expression of interests from four local partners to work with us and lead the delivery of four local incubation activities, called IoTUK Boost.
What is IoTUK Boost?
1. Each IoTUK Boost will identify between 10 and 20 SMEs in the region that could solve business problems and bring them together with identified challenge owners (e.g. large companies, local authorities), culminating in a two day workshop and an innovation contest.
For the following month, the winners of the innovation contests (up to five SMEs per IoTUK Boost) will then gain access to the business, technical and mentoring support from both the IoTUK team at the Digital Catapult and the local partner.
2. Identifying and showcasing IoT innovations in the region
IoTUK Boost will be delivered as a collaboration between the selected local partner per local area and the Digital Catapult, ensuring a deep understanding of local needs and capabilities together with application of the very best subject matter expertise.
What work will the local partner need to deliver?
We are looking to work with partners that have the same interest and passion for IoT as a transforming approach to business and society and for each selected partner to provide some in-kind support:
• Engaging and convening a local IoT innovation network
• Identifying and showcasing of IoT innovations in the region
• Engaging challenge owners into the IoTUK Boost process
• Shortlisting between 10 -20 SMEs with externally assessed quality/fit criteria
• Providing incubator and advisory/mentoring capabilities to the shortlisted SMEs
• Delivering a two day innovation workshop and contest to deliver products and service propositions with the challenge owners.
What will IoTUK contribute?
• Supporting the activity of the local partner with up to £60k excluding VAT (available as a procurement service contract, dependent on agreed budget plan)
• Guidance on the curation of the process and workshop
• Design, technical and business IoT expertise
• Mentoring for SME competition winners for one month following the workshop
• Introductions to showcasing opportunities nationally and internationally.
We are looking for proposals from organisations that can demonstrate and articulate:
• The theme, specific challenge to be addressed, and geographical region the IoTUK Boost would relate to
• Ability and experience of engaging the local tech community, particularly in IoT, and delivering successful, tangible outcomes
• Hosting, event management and workshop delivery experience
• Access to a network of experts and problem owners
• Evidence of how they have supported SMEs to date
• The potential size and opportunity that IoTUK Boost could deliver to both the local community and the UK
• Budget required to deliver IoTUK Boost in the local area
• If proposal is on behalf of a consortium then evidence of support from all parties in the consortium
• In kind contribution to the collaboration
• IoTUK Boost needs to be delivered in each geographic area by 24 February 2016 and the one month support activities by 24 March 2016.
• Submission deadline by 14 October, 5pm
• Judging by a panel comprised of the IoTUK team and independent experts
• Notification to selected organisations on 30th October.
If you would like to find out more about this call, please email email@example.com.
How do I apply?
To apply for this Open Call, please click the ‘Get Application’ button at the top of this page to register your details and receive the application form.
For full terms and conditions about participating in this call, please click here.