IoTUK Challenger: South
IoTUK Challenger South is a two day hack event where SMEs and start-ups will pitch IoT-based solutions to five challenges set in the fields of transport, smart cities and health. Pitches will be assessed by a panel of judges and winners will receive prizes including two cash awards of £500, automatic entry into a city-wide trial, and ongoing support and mentoring to bring their ideas to fruition.
What Are The Challenges?
The 2018 IoTUK Challenger events will set SMEs and start-ups challenges in the arenas of transport, smart cities and health, harnessing the power of IoT to find effective solutions. The challenges will be set by partner organisations who want to leverage the knowledge and skills of the UK’s SME and start-up community. We are delighted to announce the challenges:
Cambridge Science Park
- The Roundabout Challenge – Address the issue of peak hours congestion and poor traffic flow on roundabouts. Click here for more details.
- The Smart Bench Challenge – Design a smart bench to monitor, measure and change behaviour or environment. Click here for more details.
Peterborough City Council, Cambridgeshire County Council and Eastern Area Health Services Network
The Elderly Care Challenge – Improve proactive care for the elderly, with a particular focus on falls.
- The Movement Measurement Challenge – Improve the collection, measurement and use of commuter and other movement data. Click here for more details.
- The Sustainable Transport Challenge – Achieving a move to more sustainable transport and behavioural change in Cambridge passenger transport. Click here for more details.
This two day event gives companies taking part the opportunity to create ideas for solutions to real-world problems. SMEs can develop those ideas over the course of the event to a point where they will be pitched to a panel of judges and winners announced.
The challenge owners are looking for genuinely effective and innovative ideas which will help them with the problems they face.
- Automatic inclusion as a city-wide trial participant is offered for the winner of the Movement Measurement Challenge.
- Two cash prizes up for grabs (£500 each)
- A variety of support and mentoring will be given to the best ideas coming out of the event
- SMEs and start-ups taking part will achieve visibility and exposure for their companies with large players
- There is potential for running trials or testing prototypes with specific challenge owners.
- SMEs will get the opportunity to network effectively over two days with peers, with the challenge owner companies, and with the judges, mentors and subject matter experts on hand.
Each challenge owner has committed to having at least two members of staff at the event for support, assistance and further information or clarification on the challenge that you might need.
Who Are We Looking For?
We’re looking for SMEs and start-up businesses working in IoT whose ideas, services and products have the potential to transform the future of transport, smart cities, and health.
Location and Date
The Bradfield Centre, Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge. Monday and Tuesday September 17th and 18th 2018.
If you’re interested in being part of this programme register your interest by clicking Apply Online above.
Applications close at midnight on 30th August 2018.
IoTUK Challenger South designed and run by Cambridge Hack.