IoTUK at Smart IoT London
Smart IoT London offered a fantastic platform for SMEs to showcase their products so IoTUK took a cohort of SMEs to demonstrate the wide range of IoT innovation happening in the UK today. IoTUK’s aim was to showcase organisations that can bring the Internet of Things to life and demonstrate the UK’s position as a leader in this sector, showing a range of disruptive and innovative product that illustrates the market potential for IoT.
To find out what how the SMEs found the day, watch the video featuring some of the companies that we showcased over the two day event.
The SMEs featured in the video are:
- SeeSense – smart cycling with IoT lights
- Kemuri – smart power socket to help elderly people live independently
- Lightfoot – use connected car technology to track and improve people’s driving skills
- Mycroclime – IoT climate controller for horticulture
- Eco-Engine – LAT (Logistics Asset Tracking) a IoT/M2M platform
- Felcana – smart devices monitor pet activity and behaviour
We also welcomed a number of others, including
As well our showcase, Idris Jahn also gave a talk on how the Internet of Things is revolutionising citizen services. PETRAS, IoTUK’s academic hub, held workshops on IoT in the Built Environment and Challenges and Opportunities in IoT Enabled Health and Wellbeing.
We’ll have more opportunities for SMEs to get involved with the IoTUK programme in the year. If you’d like to keep up with the latest news from the programme, please sign up for our newsletter.