CW IoTUK Boost Open Call
CW (Cambridge Wireless) have partnered with the Smart Cambridge Programme (Cambridgeshire County Council, Cambridge City Council, South Cambridgeshire District Council, University of Cambridge and Greater Cambridgeshire Greater Peterborough LEP), Everynet (contributing member of the LoRa Alliance™), and Cambridge-based Iotic Labs, to identify and support a minimum of 10 SMEs in their quest to find solutions to genuine challenges and existing needs within the Cambridge region; and to explore and exploit the market opportunity for products and services that address them. All solutions must make use of Cambridge’s newly deployed LoRaWAN™ Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN).
What are the challenge areas?
The LPWAN-driven technologies and services will address the locally identified societal challenges within:
- Air Quality Monitoring
- Primary Prevention or Monitoring of Ill Health in Older People
- Digital Buildings
- Other societal challenges relevant to the Cambridge region will be considered.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a technology developer or provider of software, hardware or services that have application, or potential application, in the areas of Transport, Air Quality Monitoring, Primary Prevention of Ill Health in Older People, Digital Buildings or other societal challenges relevant to the Cambridge region
- Be designing or developing a product or service that can utilise the LoRaWAN™ networks being deployed in Cambridge
- Be a company based in the UK
- Be an organisation that falls within the European Community definition for micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), i.e. fewer than 250 employees, turnover less than €50m, and independent
Why get involved?
The LoRaWAN ecosystem is the largest in the LPWAN industry so this is a fantastic opportunity to collaborate with fellow stakeholders in this space. 10 selected organisations will receive
- Showcasing opportunity to Everynet’s extensive client list
- For the winner and runners up, Arkessa offers marketing support and exposure through its business partner channels
- Events facilitated by the programme sponsors, including ARM and other major players in the supply chain and Cambridge Network
- Coaching on the development of their Internet of Things (IoT) product or service
- Free training and development kits to support deployment on the LoRaWAN network
- Publicity as part of a national programme
- CW one year Associate Membership
This is also an opportunity for mentors who receive:
- Publicity through the Programme website and events
- Networking opportunities through programme events
- Free attendance at CWIC 2017 on 7 June 2017
- Access to Sponsors
- Access to Challenge Owners
- The opportunity to work with some of the UK’s most innovative companies developing products and services that use LPWAN/LoRaWAN technologies
We encourage entrepreneurs with innovative ideas to participate in this FREE TO ENTER programme. Deadline for applications is 12:00pm (NOON) ON WEDNESDAY 15 MARCH 2017.
Apply via ‘Apply Online’ button above.
CW are actively seeking additional mentors with unique skills, extensive expertise and a passion for innovation, please email LPWANboost@cambridgewireless.co.uk to register your interest.